This is a collection of my favorite posts that have been gathered over the last year. They were the ones I thought were worth keeping. They cover the board from friends and family, to my Lord and savior. And... if your lucky, you might find a laugh or two somewhere in between.

I sure enjoyed writing these and I really hope you enjoy them as well. Thank you for reading.

10.21.2008

WWJD

(*Editor's warning, this will only make since to dedicated Office fans)


Yesterday, I took a little trip to Clinton Missouri. It rocked.

Clinton doesn’t rock, but me and Ellie made up for it.

One time, Parker made this joke about me and Ellie being like Jim and Pam off of the office. When he said it, I pretended like he was an idiot and totally disregarded it. I pretended like I was offended for him even bringing it up. Secretly... I was pumped because Jim and Pam are so cool, and I’ve always secretly wanted to be like Jim.




I think Parker is onto me; he knows that I want to be Jim.

So when I was driving to meet Ellie half way, I couldn’t help but think of the episode where Jim meets Pam at the gas station and he proposes to her, and people all over the country stand up off of their couches as women’s hearts fly through the roofs in celebration and men go to the kitchen to get some more food. Jim and Pam have that effect on people.

So I asked myself, WWJD?.
What would Jim do?

Ladies hold onto your hearts, and men grab another hoagie, because your about to get a lesson from the master.

I sat in my car at Boss cafe in Clinton Missouri, waiting for Ellie to meet me. I would wait until the perfect time then I’d pounce. I saw her Honda come up over the horizon of Highway 13 and I knew it was time. I ran out of my car and started jumping around like a mad man shouting random unintelligible guttural sounds at the top of my lungs, flailing my arms every which way. I jumped up and down for at least and entire minute, until she pulled into the parking lot. I was breathing heavy and laughing because I’m a moron.

She was smiling.

I was smiling.

The construction workers on the street were now pointing and smiling.

I thought Jim would be proud.

Then I remembered that Mose did that.





I should have given her some beets.